Coronavirus Disease Contact Tracing Program in Will County, Illinois
Contact Tracing is being used by all 97 local health departments and IDPH Surge Center to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Contact tracing involves:
- Reaching out to people with COVID-19 to identify everyone they had close contact with during the time they may have been infectious
- Notifying contacts of their potential exposure
- Referring those contacts for testing
- Monitoring contacts for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Connecting contacts with services they might need to remain at home during the self-quarantine period
- If you receive a call from a contact tracer, the phone number should read 1-312-777-1999 COVID CONTACT.
- Please answer their calls or return their calls in a timely manner so we can all help to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- The Contact Tracing Phone number (1-312-777-1999) is the same across the State of Illinois. The system is programmed to match the phone number of an incoming call to a specific case record so the caller can be routed to the assigned Case Owner in the virtual calling system.
- If the inbound call is unable to be routed to an available Contact Tracer, the caller has the option to leave a voicemail.
- For more information on Contact Tracing, visit this link https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/data/contact-tracing.html
- For more information on Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines, visit this link https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance/isolation-quarantine.html
- For more information on FAQs for schools, visit this link https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance/school-guidance/school-guidance-faqs.html
*Please Note: Will County Health Department Contact Tracers do not need your social security, or payment information to perform contact tracing, our staff will NEVER ask for payment, and/or credit card information of any kind.