Select Page



Will County Health Department Behavioral Health Frequently Asked Questions

Is therapy religion based?

Behavioral Health therapy is not religion-based but is tailored to each individual ‘s preference.

Is therapy available in the home?

Therapy is only available in the home for individuals receiving Mobile Crisis Response Services.

Can I see a therapist from another agency while being a client of Will County?

In order for the most effective care, the Division of Behavioral Health requires all individuals to receive services from the agency clinicians within our scope services. If the individual is assessed to need a service we do not provide, the clinician will provide referrals for outside resources and care coordination.

Do you help with entitlements and or benefits?

Yes, we offer care coordination with ACS Counselors at Will County Community Health Center who will assist individuals in applying for Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care and Private Insurance.

Will my preferences be considered when assigning a therapist?

The agency takes into consideration individual preferences when assigning therapists.

How soon will I be able to see the doctor?

Children and Adolescents will be able to see the agency psychiatrist within 1-2 weeks of registration for services. Individuals in the Mobile Crisis Response Program will be seen as their care requires.

How often will I be seen?

The agency bases the frequency of visits upon the level of care and need.

What number do I call if I am in crisis?

Adults in crisis can call 911

How do I reschedule/cancel appointment?

To cancel or reschedule an appointment for adults call (815)727-8521 (press 3) and leave a message.

Child and adolescent
To cancel or reschedule an appointment for child and adolescent call (815)727-8521 (press 6) and leave a message about the cancellation or need to reschedule.

I have a question about my bill, whom should I call?

The Reimbursement staff will answer all Billing questions, call and leave a message at(815)727-8521 (press 4) Someone will return your call within 24hrs.

Who do I notify if my insurance changes?

Call the Reimbursement staff and leave a message and the information at (815)727-8521 (press 4) Someone will return your call within 24hrs.

How can I be linked for psychiatric services at the community health center?

Your therapist will provide an assessment to determine if psychiatric services are needed and make a referral.

How do I request records?

Call (815) 727-8521 (press 5) and request to speak to Medical Records staff.

Can my child’s grandmother bring him to his therapy appointments?

Other individuals can bring minors to their appointments, but no information will be shared unless appropriate releases are signed.

What forms of transportation are in the area I can use to get to my visits?

The Will County Health Department is on the Pace Bus Route 504. The route can be obtained online.