BETTER BIRTH OUTCOMES
Helping to promote healthy pregnancies and healthy babies by providing pregnant women with education and support.
About Better Birth Outcomes
Better Birth Outcomes is a prenatal education and support program that helps women achieve healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Nurse case managers meet with clients monthly in the Health Department offices and in the home. Transportation assistance (gas cards) is provided on an as needed basis.
Better Birth Outcomes Program Eligibility
Participants that are eligible for BBO include pregnant women with the following risk factors:
- Medical condition (examples: diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, lupus, etc.)
- Smoking, Vaping, drug or alcohol use
- Previous miscarriage or premature birth
- Third child in 3½years
- Pregnant with twins or triplets
- History of HIV/AIDS or sexually transmitted diseases
- Over 40 years or under 15 years of age
- Previously/currently abused by anyone
- Previously incarcerated
- Previous/current involvement with DCFS
How to Apply
Applicants must live in Will County and meet eligibility requirements to participate. Eligibility can be determined via telephone.
Call the Program Manager at (815) 727-8505 for an appointment or for more specific information. This service is provided free of charge for eligible participants.