CHILD & ADOLESCENT OUTPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
The Child and Adolescent Outpatient Mental Health Program of the Will County Health Department is a community based, culturally competent mental health outreach model that serves children and adolescents ages 3-17 with symptoms of serious emotional disorders (SED).
Outpatient Community Mental Health Services for Will County Residents
The system of care delivery is child-centered and family-focused and the types of services provided are dictated by the needs of the child and family. The program provides outpatient community mental health services for Will County residents with symptoms of a serious mental illness and/or co-occurring disorder which greatly interferes with their functioning in the community.
The Child and Adolescent Services staff work in collaboration with the persons served to develop treatment objectives and interventions that best match the client’s needs, strengths and resources to assist them in attaining their life goals.
Child and Adolescent Outpatient Mental Health Program Services Provided
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Case Management Services
- Psychiatry Services
- Mobile Crisis Response (MCR), Family Support Program (FSP)
- Family Resource Development
- Community Support Services
- Integrated Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Development of a Safety Plan and a Discharge Transition Plan
- Individual and Group Counseling and Psychotherapy Services
- Access to Psychiatric Services for Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Monitoring
- Crisis Intervention Service
- Case Management
- Psychotropic Medication Monitoring/Training
The program concentrates its efforts on underserved individuals including public aid recipients and low-income families.
Child and Adolescent Outpatient Mental Health Program Staffing
Services are provided by a staff of professionals including:
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Clinical Psychologists
- Board Certified or Eligible Consulting Psychiatrists
- Qualified Mental Health Professionals
Eligibility for Service
Children 17 years old and younger who meet the following criteria:
- At imminent risk of hospitalization or who may be in need of intensive services
- In need of on-going outpatient psychiatric treatment to regain recovery and remain in the community
- Recently discharged or deflected from a community-based psychiatric facility
- Currently involved with the Juvenile Justice System
- Enrolled in the Family Support Program from the State of Illinois with the express purpose of treating mental illness
- Covered by Medicaid or Medicaid Managed Care, Private Insurance or Sliding Fee Scale
Register for Services
To register a child or adolescent for services call 815-727-8521 (press 2).
After business hours for crises or emergencies contact Crisis Line of Will County at 815-722-3344 or the CARES Line at 800-345-9049.
To access child and adolescent services call (815) 727-5065 during business hours.
8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Tuesday and Thursday
8:00am – 4:00pm
There are two locations in Will County where Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services are available:
1106 Neal Avenue
Joliet, IL 60433
323 Quadrangle Dr. Ste. 335
Bolingbrook, IL 60440