ADULT OUTPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM
Individuals with serious mental illness often find it difficult to function in one or more critical life areas (physical, emotional, social, work, family, financial etc.); however, recovery from a serious mental illness is possible. The Will County Health Department provides outpatient community mental health services to adults age 18 and older with mental illness and/or a history of a serious mental illness to help stabilize and restore individuals to their maximum level of life functioning.
Description of Adult Mental Health Outpatient Services
The goal of Adult Services is to preserve and promote the emotional well-being of Will County residents who are experiencing mental illness. Individuals receive an array of services that may include:
- Comprehensive Assessment of Needs and Strengths.
- Individualized Person-Centered Plan.
- Development of a Safety Plan and a Discharge Transition Plan.
- Individual and Group Counseling and Psychotherapy Services.
- Crisis Intervention Services.
- Case Management
- Pre-admission Screening for seriously mentally ill adults requiring a nursing home level of care and resident reviews at designated time intervals post-nursing home placement.
Adult Mental Health Outpatient Staffing
Adult Outpatient Services are provided by a staff of professionals including:
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Licensed Clinical Psychologists
- Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselors
- Qualified Mental Health Professionals
- Bachelor Level Case Managers
Register for Services
Contact Central Intake at
815-727-8521 (press 1)
8:30am to 4:30pm
Monday through Friday
An Admissions staff member will process your request for services, review your eligibility and if you meet the admission criteria, schedule an appointment for Orientation Group with a counselor if admission requirements are met.
Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Private Insurance, and Sliding Fee scale are accepted.
Adult Outpatient Services are available at the following locations in Will County:
1106 Neal Avenue
Joliet, IL 60433
323 Quadrangle Dr. Ste. 335
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
5601 W. Monee-Manhattan Rd. Ste. 110
Monee, IL 60449