The Will County Community Health Center provides confidential healthcare services for ages 12 and older for Will County residents.
Family Planning Services for Teens & Young Adults
Community Health Center Services for Teens & Young Adults Include:
- Pregnancy Testing and Counseling
- Confidential STI Testing and Treatment (same day)
- HIV Testing and Counseling
- Birth Control
- Free condoms
Cost is based on your income, not your parents. Based on sliding scale, often are FREE.
Adolescent Rights & Minor Consent Laws
In Illinois, MINORS (aged 12-17) have rights for confidentiality (privacy) and consent by law. You do not need parent’s permission, or their health insurance, for certain sexual health services. Everything you discuss with clinic staff will be kept private.
Patients ages 12 and up have the right to the following reproductive health services without parental/guardian consent:
- Pregnancy testing and prenatal care
- Birth control information and contraceptives
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Education is an important part on helping you make a choice about birth control. We will help you learn more about your body and the methods of birth control available.
- FREE Condoms
- Male and Female Physical Assessments
- Abstinence and Safe Sex Education
- Education on Birth Control Methods for individuals
- Hormonal and Non-hormonal Contraception and Emergency Contraception
The Family Planning Program provides services for women of child-bearing age by providing services to help them achieve their reproductive life plan.
- Pregnancy Diagnosis/Options Counseling
- Reproductive Health Issues, Pregnancy, Nutrition, and Infertility
- Minor and Special GYN Problems and Procedures
- Fertility Regulation
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained non-judgmental, multi-cultural providers who are sensitive to your needs and concerns in a state-of-the-art facility.
- STD Testing, Treatment, Follow-up and Referral
- HIV Risk Assessment, Testing, Education & Counseling
Family Planning Visit Video Walk Through
The following videos were created to show teens & young adults what to expect throughout the entire visit, including making an appointment, checking in, meeting, and speaking with the provider, payment information, confidentiality, and checking out. Click on individual segments for specific information that you are interested in or click on the last video to watch the video in its entirety. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns. We want you to feel safe and comfortable using our service.
Introduction: What is Title X/Family Planning?
- Cost for family planning services for teens & young adults
- Calling for an appointment for STI/HIV testing & STI treatment
- Calling for an appointment for contraception/birth control
Full Video Family Planning Teens & Young Adults
Includes all videos above. Video guides teens & young adults through the entire process from making an appointment for family planning services, arriving, and checking in, meeting with the provider for STI testing and treatment, HIV testing, pregnancy testing, and birth control/contraceptive methods. Also describes payment for services which are typically low cost to no cost.
The Will County Community Health Centers in Joliet and Bolingbrook have walk-in Teen Clinic hours, but you are welcome to schedule appointments or walk-in anytime the clinics are open, including Saturdays in Joliet.
Cost is based on your income. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, some HMOs and PPOs. Patients without insurance are on a sliding fee scale. MasterCard and Visa are also accepted.
Program Funding Includes A Grant from The Illinois Department of Public Health Office of Women’s Health and Family Services Title X- Illinois Family Planning Program
To make an appointment at either location, call 815-727-8670 and ask for the Title X Program.
Joliet – Family Planning & Teen Clinic
1106 Neal Avenue
Joliet, IL 60433
Monday-Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 7:30am – 3:30pm
Teen Clinic Hours:
Monday: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
(Teens also welcome during regular business hours)