Mobile Unit/Food Trucks

Movable Food Service Regulations

Mobile vending operations refer to a readily movable truck, trailer, or push cart food service. Food provided by mobile vendors comes from a business that is licensed and inspected by a health authority. Mobile units must be serviced and re-supplied from a fixed and licensed commissary to which they return daily. Ample information about the regulations governing food safety and the permitting of mobile vending operations can be found in the Mobile Unit Brochure.  All mobile food vendor units must obtain an operating permit from the Will County Health Department. In filling out the online permit application, please note the fee schedule. Fees may be paid online using a credit card or by check or money order sent along with the completed application. In order to protect the public, mobile food vendor businesses must also employ certified food handlers who have successfully taken the 15 hour Food Service Sanitation Manager Course and received a certificate.