Available information is subject to limitations imposed by the Vital Records Office of the State of Illinois.
Currently, birth records are available from 1985 to the present only. Births are filed with the Local Registrar by
Hospitals in the County where the birth occurred, generally within 7 to 10 days after the birth. Available information
is subject to limitations imposed by the Vital Records Office of the State of Illinois.
For home births, please call so that we may forward the most current forms which will be necessary to register the
birth. If more than one year has elapsed, a “Delayed Record of Birth” must be filed directly with the State Office of
It is highly recommended that parents review all birth records for accuracy at the earliest opportunity. After one
year even “minor” corrections become more complicated. For information about corrections, click here.
FORMS NECESSARY TO ESTABLISH PATERNITY ARE AVAILABLE AT OUR OFFICE AND MUST BE
SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE STATE.
Applications are available in both English and Spanish on-line and at our office and must be accompanied by a
current, valid and legible State issued ID or Driver’s License. Here is a list of acceptable identification:
- Illinois Driver’s License
- Illinois State Identification Card
- Out of State Driver’s License or State ID card
- US Military ID card
- US Naturalization Certificate
- Birth Certificate with an additional document
- Matricula Consular de Alta Seguridad (MSCA) (Consular Identification Card) Please note: The Matricula must be issued after October 2006 and be accompanied by an additional document for the same person
- If none of the above documents are available, please call our office to discuss other options
Price for certified copies:
One certified copy of a birth records costs $12.00. Each additional certified copy for the same record that is issued at
the same time is $4.00 more. 1=$12, 2=$16, 3=$20, 4=$24, 5=$28, and so on. (Prices are subject to change without
Application to Search for a Birth Request – September 2016
- Come in person
- E-mail the application: email@example.com along with ID, then call our office during normal business hours with your credit or debit card in-hand so we can process your payment.
- Fax the application: Our Direct Fax Number is 815-846-1556 (the application must be accompanied by ID) Then phone our office during normal business hours (listed above) with your credit card in hand so we can process your payment.
- Mail the application to Attn: Vital Records at the above address along with ID and check or money order, payable to “Will County Health Department”. PLEASE NOTE: Out of State checks are not accepted, nor are personal checks that have a different address than the ID, nor checks from an address that’s different than where the certificates are being mailed. Expect that you will receive the certificates by mail approximately 7 to 10 business days after your request is received and the payment processed.
Choices of payment include:
- Cash (if in person only)
- Personal Check payable to “Will County Health Department”(PLEASE NOTE: No out of State checks accepted, nor checks that have a different address or name than the ID)
- Money Order payable to “Will County Health Department”
- Credit and Debit cards that are accepted include MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. Refer to the chart below for ranges and service fees.
|Transaction Range||Service Fee|
|$0.01 > $50.00||$1.50|
|$50.01 > $75.00||$1.75|
|$75.01 > $100.00||$3.00|
|$100.01 > $150.00||$5.00|
|$150.01 > $200.00||$7.00|
|For each additional increment of $50.00, or portion thereof, add $1.75.|