HIV/STD CARE CLINIC
The Will County Health Department’s Care Clinic works in partnership with the community to use best practices in the prevention and treatment of HIV and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and promotes high quality services for the health and wellbeing of those living with and impacted by HIV and STDs.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Program
The Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Program conducts surveillance on positive cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis in Will County. Surveillance efforts follow strict procedures to ensure the confidentiality of STD case reports. Services include:
- Surveillance and treatment
– Confirmed untreated cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis may be treated at the Will County Community Health Center
– Physicians’ offices looking to report positive cases of syphilis, chlamydia, or gonorrhea should fax lab results, patient demographics, and treatment information to our CONFIDENTIAL fax line, (815) 774-4474
- Anonymous and confidential partner notification and referral services
– To help ensure that you and your partners are aware of potential STD exposure and infection status without disclosing any identifying information
- Educational presentations to schools and other interested community groups
Presentations focus on STD prevention, signs and symptoms, treatment guidelines, and referrals for STD screening and treatment
For more information about the Will County Health Department’s STD program and services, or to schedule an education presentation for your group, please call (815) 727-8830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIV Prevention Program
The HIV Prevention Program provides quality HIV education and prevention services to individuals at high risk for acquiring or transmitting HIV in Will County, including:
- HIV counseling and testing services
– HIV surveillance in the community
– Rapid testing available with results in 20 minutes or less
– FREE confidential or anonymous counseling and testing
- Educational presentations at schools and community groups
- Group prevention and support
– HIV + Support Group
- Anonymous partner notification and referral services: To help ensure that you and your partners are aware of potential HIV exposure and infection status without disclosing any identifying information
For more information regarding HIV services, to report a new HIV diagnosis as a clinician, or to schedule an appointment for testing, please call (815) 727-8830. If you don’t qualify for HIV testing at the Will County Health Department, visit the Get Tested website and enter your zip code to find testing locations near you.
The Will County Health Department’s PrEP Clinic operates in the Community Health Center 11 AM to 4 PM every Thursday, with the final appointment being taken at 3:30 PM. Call (815) 727-8830 to schedule your appointment, or click here to learn more.
To see other locations offering PrEP treatment near you, visit the PrEP Locator website and enter your zip code.