COVID-19 News Update
April 16, 2021
Sign up for your vaccine ONLINE!
We are now offering online scheduling to the Will County Health Department Vaccine Clinics through our website. Find first dose vaccine appointments at our many locations and secure your desired time immediately!
HOW TO SCHEDULE ONLINE
Residents no longer have to register for the vaccine. They can schedule an appointment directly on our website. Watch the video below which demonstrates how to schedule your vaccine online.
NEW CLINIC at
Victory Cathedral Church
Thank you to our community partners from Victory Cathedral Church for hosting a clinic this Sunday, April 18, 2021.
369 N. Weber Rd., Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Reserve your vaccine TODAY!
Entering Phase 2 of Vaccinations
We have entered Phase 2 of the COVID Vaccine rollout. This means that all persons ages 16 and over are eligible to sign up for a vaccine appointment.
WILL COUNTY VACCINE LOCATIONS
The Will County Health Department coordinates five open vaccination sites including:
- Will County Health Department at 501 Ella Avenue, Joliet
- Former Toys R Us at 3128 Voyager Lane, Joliet
- Joliet West High School, run by Joliet Fire Dept. at 401 N Larkin Ave, Joliet
- Rose School at 626 S Kankakee St, Wilmington
- Vaccine Clinic at 6370 Emerald Parkway, Monee
In addition, there are 60 additional locations in Will County that are providing vaccine appointments including Walgreens, Jewel-Osco, Meijer, Mariano’s, Oak Street Health, and Aunt Marhta’s. All locations can be found at Willcountyhealth.org.
DEDICATED VACCINE SCHEDULING PHONE LINE LAUNCHED
We are now offering scheduling to the Will County Health Department Vaccine Clinics through our COVID-19 appointment scheduling phone line for those who do not have access to online scheduling.
Will County Health Department follows CDC & FDA Guidelines to Pause Use of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
Read more about the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Pause from the Will County Health Department by clicking the button below.
Total number of vaccines administered
Total complete doses
of population fully vaccinated
- 261,447 67.9% 67.9%
- 123,679 32.1% 32.1%
- 218,905 56.8% 56.8%
- 165,276 42.9% 42.9%
What To Do Before and After Your COVID Vaccine
Make sure you’re doing everything you can before and after you receive your vaccine.
Here are some tips to best prepare yourself for your vaccination!
There is no need to ‘pre-medicate’ with any medications.
- Do not take Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, Motrin, Naproxen, or Aspirin for two (2) hours before and after the COVID vaccine. They can interfere with the immune response to the vaccine and may precipitate an allergic reaction in some people.
- Do not take Tylenol before the COVID vaccination as it can interfere with the immune response to the vaccine.
Do not drink alcohol
- Alcohol can accelerate allergic reactions. Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours before and after the vaccination.
Do not exercise strenuously
- Avoid vigorous exercise 2 hours before and after the vaccination as exercise can trigger allergic reactions in some.
Do not take hot showers for 2 hours
- Showers can trigger allergic reactions in some people, so avoid taking them up to 2 hours before and after your vaccination.
Prime your immune system
- Having the healthiest immune system possible before getting vaccinated is crucial as the vaccine is a challenge to your immune system. The vaccine is using your immune system to fight off a potential COVID infection.
- If you are taking an antibiotic (injectable or oral), it may be a good idea to wait 2 weeks after your last dose before you receive your COVID vaccine as your immune system is being challenged by your infection and we need our immune system to be in peak condition to respond well to the COVID vaccine.
- Boost your immune system with sleep, hydration, and nutrition.
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS?
CALL OUR HELPLINE.
The Will County Health Department is providing a Coronavirus hotline to help answer your questions about COVID-19.
HOURS: Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM
Please call with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.